- Every year, Phoenix Rescue Mission hosts its largest event of the year, Easter Outreach Celebration.
- The carnival-style event will serve more than 700 underprivileged families, providing food, entertainment, games, activities and food boxes for every family that attends.
- The Mission is asking the public to help it reach its goal of collecting 1,000 pre-filled Easter baskets and many other items to help make the event a success.
- The Mission is also asking for food donations to help support the 700 needed food boxes that will be distributed to the families at the Easter Outreach Celebration.
- Besides donations, the Mission needs volunteers as well.
- The Public drop-off site for Easter baskets, food and other items will be located at the Mission’s Donation Warehouse at 1468 N. 26th Ave in Phoenix.
In my interview with Phoenix Rescue Mission staffers Nathan Smith and Jussane Carrera, we also
talked about some of the other services the Mission provides, including their new food services
including the Mission Possible Cafe, Mission Possible Cookies, and catering too working out of their
facility at 15th Ave and Van Buren. Take a few minutes to listen to the interview and i know you
will be impressed by the work they do for the community and have been doing for more than 60 years.