The beauty industry has changed a lot since the days of looks being designed for and by an elite few. Now creators set trends and share hacks and they can all be found on TikTok. The platform is full of videos on beauty and HuffPost combed through countless clips to find TikTok’s best and buzziest beauty moments of the year.
- Heatless curls - Whether done with leggings, a robe belt or something similar, this modern spin on old school rollers has people wrap their hair around something to get curls and waves, no heat required.
- High-tech cover-up - This trend creates a noninvasive way to get the look of a popular facial procedure. “PRP” or platelet-rich plasma, which involves drawing blood and spinning it down to separate the plasma that’s then injected into your face to improve the production of collagen and elastin, especially under the eyes. Thanks to TikTokers, we know this Winky Lux Peeper Perfect Concealer is pretty much the closest thing to PRP without needles.
- #PerfumeTok - TikTok loves incredibly expensive perfume, like Baccarat Rouge 540, which starts at more than $300 a bottle. The hashtag #PerfumeTok has 1.8-billion views and climbing.
- A lip flip, but without a procedure - One of the most popular micro-injectable treatments of the year is a lip flip, which makes lips look fuller by injecting a neurotoxin, like Botox, into the top lip. Lip serums, like the Kardashian-approved Makeup by Mario MoistureGlow Plumping Lip Serum, plump without needles and have gone viral on TikTok.
- Glazed donut nails - Hailey Bieber helped popularize this trend of slightly pearlescent, sparkly nude nails that glisten like a hot Krispy Kreme donut.
- Skin cycling - This idea isn’t new, but this phrase was on heavy rotation this year, thanks to TikTok. Skin cycling involves only using active ingredients on certain days, then having rest days in between to give skin a break.
- Clean girl makeup - This is a minimalist approach to beauty has been embraced by TikTokers and they love the light coverage Covergirl Clean Fresh Skin Milk gives and it’s gone viral as a result.
- Fluffy brows - Brow lamination, which uses chemicals to semi-permanently set eyebrows in an upward position, is one of the hottest beauty trends, but this year, lots of TikTok creators have shared how to get the look using a good brow brush.
Source: Huff Post