Nobody wants to live in an area that isn’t safe, and when picking a neighborhood, safety is probably one of the most important things on a family’s must-have list. It’s no secret that some areas of the country are safer than others, but which ones are the safest out there?
- WalletHub has come out with their list of the Safest Cities in America, and they weren’t just looking at crime rates.
- The site judged more than 180 cities across 42 key indicators of safety, in areas of home and community safety, natural disaster risk and financial safety.
- Such factors include things like assaults, thefts and hate crimes per capita, as well as unemployment and poverty rates, and more.
- So with all that, the city deemed the safest in the U.S. is Columbia, Maryland, which scored an 85.89 out of 100, ranking first for home and community safety.
- Juneau, Alaska is tops for financial safety, with Dover, Delaware ranked safest for natural disaster risk.
Ten Safest Cities In America
- Columbia, MD
- Nashua, NH
- Laredo, TX
- Portland, ME
- Warwick, RI
- Yonkers, NY
- Gilbert, AZ
- Burlington, VT
- Raleigh, NC
- Lewiston, ME
- As for the least safe city, that would be St. Louis, Missouri, which scores a 42.81 and comes in close to the bottom for home and community safety, and pretty low for financial safety as well.
Click here to see where your city falls on the list.