Weddings are usually a time to celebrate your happiness with those closest to you, and for many people that includes the furry, four-legged members of their family.
A new poll finds:
- About two-thirds of Americans admit to wanting their dog to be part of their wedding.
- 60% of people have been to a wedding where the dog had a role in the occasion.
- The most popular roles dogs play include:
- Ring bearer (50%)
- Flower girl (17%)
- Page boy (13%)
- Best man (9%)
- And just like everything else at a wedding, having a dog be part of it will cost money.
- The average couple would be willing to spend $75 to get their dog wedding ready.
- 75% of couples believe their guests would enjoy having a dog in the wedding.
- Why people want their dogs to be in the wedding seems pretty obvious, with 93% saying it’s because their dog is part of the family.
- The dog would also play a role in where the wedding will take place, with 70% of people saying they’d ask a venue if it was dog friendly before booking it.
- And what the dog wears may be just as important as everyone else in the wedding party.
- A special collar is the most obvious piece of attire for the family dog (46%), followed by:
- Custom suit (42%)
- Bow tie (39%)
- Floral collar (26%)
- Custom dress (21%)