As you go through life, some things are learned the hard way. To help you skip some of the bumps and bruises, “Mamamia” editor Clare Stephens is sharing some things she’s learned on the way to her 30s.
While it won’t be smooth sailing, these tidbits of knowledge will make it a little easier:
- Don’t dye your hair at home. Leave it to the experts!
- You're not good at everything. But you're not bad at everything, either.
- Listen to your jealousy and make course corrections. It means you aren’t happy!
- If a baby is crying, move to calm it
- You're allowed to quit. That means a course, a relationship, a job, or anything
- Always sleep on the angry email. Especially when you don't want to.
- Mom was right. There really is food at home. (don’t eat out so much!)
- Don’t wait. Go on vacation, call a friend, and just go for it
- Your mistakes will be painfully humiliating. They'll also be funny.
- Ask for recommendations, and listen to them.
- People like you when you're vulnerable.