One of the main reasons so many people love working from home now is they no longer have to deal with their daily commute. While some folks may not have such a hard time getting to their job, there are some parts of the country where people spend a lot of their day traveling to theirs, and a new report reveals which states have it the worst.
- 24/7 Wall Street has come out with a list of the States with the Longest Commutes.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, overall, the average commute time in the U.S. is 26.9 minutes, or about four-and-a-half hours a week.
- The state where folks have the longest commute is New York, with the average commute time 33.5 minutes.
- Not surprising, New York is also the state where the most commuters use public transportation, about 26.2%
Top 10 States with the Longest Commutes
- New York
- New Jersey
- As for the state with the shortest commute, that’s South Dakota, where the average worker only spends 17.3 minutes a day commuting.
Source: 24/7 Wall Street