While we all can eat better and move more to get in shape, it’s pretty apparent that where we live can also play a huge role in how healthy we are. So, where are people the healthiest in the U.S.?
- Well, WalletHub set out to determine just that, looking at more than 180 of the most populated U.S. cities across 44 key indicators of good health.
- They broke things down into four categories:
- Health Care, like the cost of a doctor’s visit.
- Food, such as fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Green Space.
- With all these factors in mind, San Francisco, California once again earns the honor of healthiest city in America.
- San Fran scored an overall 68.54 out of 100, coming in first in food and green spaces.
- Ranking highest for fitness is Scottsdale, Arizona, while Columbia, Maryland has the top health care rank.
Top Ten Healthiest Cities In America
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- San Diego, CA
- Portland, OR
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Honolulu, HI
- Austin, TX
- Denver, CO
- South Burlington, VT
- Washington, DC
- On the other end of the spectrum, Brownsville, Texas was named the unhealthiest city, with an overall score of just 27.44 and ranking dead last for food, fitness and green space.
Ten Unhealthiest Cities In America
- Brownsville, TX
- Gulfport, MS
- Laredo, TX
- Memphis, TN
- Jackson, MS
- Shreveport, LA
- Augusta, GA
- Columbus, GA
- Montgomery, AL
- Huntington, WV
Click here to find out where your city falls on the list.