Everyone can have occasional heartburn (acid reflux) due to stress, spicy, acidic and fried foods or even alcohol and chocolate and the folks at Food Network have come up with 10 foods that can you can eat to prevent these uncomfortable side effects from heartburn symptoms.
- Ginger – has worked for upset stomach symptoms for centuries and comes in dried, fresh or even candied forms.
- Oatmeal – the fiber in oatmeal helps keep acid levels down and helps slow digestion.
- Brown Rice – this is also a slow digesting high-fiber food that aids to regulate digestion.
- Sweet Potatoes – a low acidic food - try them baked, boiled or steamed.
- Honey – helps relieve irritated throats which is a side effect of heartburn.
- Less Liquids with Meals – try to limit the amount of liquid you consume with your meal to avoid acid reflux symptoms.
- Bananas – this fruit is the opposite of acidic and helps regulate heartburn.
- Low-Fat Yogurt – contains slow-digesting protein and probiotics which aid digestion.
- Egg Whites – these are high in protein, no fat and low acid and good in omelets or hard boiled.
- Greens – low acid veggies that have the benefit of vitamins A, K and iron.
If you’re having heartburn issues try some or all of these foods and you should get some relief.
Source: Food Network