Last year’s July 4thholiday was a bit of a bummer since most people couldn’t celebrate the way they usually do because of the pandemic. But now that restrictions are being lifted around the country, Americans are more excited than ever to celebrate our nation’s independence.
A new Numerator survey finds:
- 68% of Americans expect things to be back to normal by the Fourth of July.
- 22% are expecting July 4thto be their first “normal” celebration in 2021.
- 39% of people are more excited to celebrate the Fourth of July this year than in previous years, with only 12% less excited to do so.
- 41% don’t expect COVID to impact their holiday celebration.
- 48% expect it to have a slight impact.
- 11% still expect it to have a significant impact.
So, how do people plan to celebrate this year?
- 57% plan to attend a gathering with friends and family.
- 57% will be grilling or barbecuing.
- 40% will be watching fireworks from home.
- 23% will be watching fireworks from a public location.
- 23% will attend or host a house party.
- 12% will attend public events or festivals.
- 10% will be traveling.
- Interestingly, for all these activities a larger percentage of peole who say they don’t plan to get vaccinated will be doing them as compared to those who are vaccinated.