Not everyone can be the smartest person in the room, but even if they’re not a genius, most people can carry on an intelligent conversation. But there are times when some people say things that leave folks dumbfounded, and now people are sharing.
A new thread on BuzzFeed has people revealing the dumbest things they’ve heard people say and, well, we are still pretty shocked, and you will be too.
Dumb things people heard others say include:
- "I scheduled a patient for an appointment on the 16th and he went, 'Was it for the 16th or the 60th?'"
- "In a class at a university, a girl did a presentation on Benjamin Franklin in which she stated, totally seriously and confidently, that he had been president of the United States."
- "I told my coworker that my purse was made of vegan leather. Her response was 'How do they know what the cows ate?'"
- "A buddy of my husband’s once spilled a little bit of plain water on a carpet. He went 'Oh no! Is it gonna stain?!'”
- "A cousin once said 'We should go to Australia and then New Zealand. In Europe, everything is near each other.' I laughed my ass out. I can’t believe she studied tourism and hospitality."
- "When talking about how schools have different break times around Thanksgiving, my coworker stopped and said, 'Yeah, but I think Thanksgiving was on a Tuesday last year.'"
- "I work with food, and one of the dumbest questions I’ve gotten was 'What kind of cheese is in the mozzarella sticks?'”
- "A girl in my senior year history class asked where the Boston Massacre took place."
- "A friend of mine who barely graduated from high school went to college and decided to take a very challenging astronomy course because 'she wanted to know the future.'"
- "A girl in high school said that rice was just noodles chopped up."