While some people love to exercise, for others, especially in the past year, it’s a chore and they need something to motivate them to get off the couch. So, what are some of the biggest motivators out there?
Well, according to a new survey:
- 25% of people say they have had a hard time getting motivated to work out since the pandemic began.
- 23% say it’s because they have nothing to train towards.
- 20% blame not being able to go to the gym.
- 15% have had a hard time because they can’t work out with friends.
- When folks do workout, 14% say they eventually lose the enthusiasm to do so, while 29% often lose it.
- 20% say they are encouraged by working out with others.
- 13% say they are the “motivator” when working out with others, while 30% say they are the ones that need motivating.
And when it comes to motivating, all sorts of things can keep people focused on maintaining their exercise routine.
- Top motivations include (click herefor the complete list):
- To take your mind off other things
- To achieve something
- To increase your overall confidence
- Wanting to hit a target weight
- To improve your sleep
- To prove to yourself you can exercise
- Going on holiday
- Wanting to fit into old clothes
- To shake off a bad mood
- You get a buzz from exercising / feeling fit
- To zone out from your thoughts e.g. work stress or relationship woes