Shake Shack has just announced a new series of menu collaborations with well-know chefs and restauranteurs around the country. Even better? It’s all for a great cause! “Now Serving: A Collab Series by Shake Shack” will serve up proceeds to regional nonprofits that are supporting restaurant workers during the Covid-19 pandemic. Each limited-edition menu item developed will be available at Shake Shacks in the cities where the chefs have their restaurants.What’s on the menu?
The series starts on March 4thwith a “Southern Smoke Chicken Sandwich” developed by Chris Shepherd (owner and chef of Houston’s Underbelly Hospitality) and Shake Shack’s culinary director Mark Rosati. It features a crispy chicken breast, Shepherd’s spicy bacon jam, pickled jalapeno mustard, cherry peppers and shredded lettuce.
- Net proceeds from this offering will go towards Shepherd’sSouthern Smoke, a crisis relief nonprofit supporting people in the food and drink industry in Houston.
- The foundation granted over $1.1-million to food and beverage workers in crisis in April 2020 alone and the Southen Smoke Emergency Relief Fund has distributed over $4.7-million nationwide since the beginning of the pandemic.
Look for the collabo dishes to turn up at Shake Shack in these cities on these dates:
- April 8th–Pinky Cole(Slutty Vegan) in AtlantaandNew York
- May 6th–Junghyun Park(Atoboy and Atomix) in New York
- June 17th–Sarah Grueneberg(Monteverde) in Chicago
- July 22nd–Dominique Crenn(Atelier Crenn) in San Francisco
- September 23rd–JJ Johnson– (FieldTrip) in New York
Source:Food & Wine