Want to live your best life starting now?Nelson Yang, founder of CEOLifestyle, has made a career of helping people land their dream job and build a life of happiness and purpose and he says getting into these 10 habits is the key.
- Start the day with a list- Every morning, make a list of the three most important things you have to do for the day that will make the biggest impact. It forces you to prioritize and cuts out distractions.
- Try the 10 years test- When you’re in a tough situation, ask yourself if this will matter in 10 days, 10 months or 10 years. Chances are, it won’t and realizing this can keep you from panicking and let you focus on the big picture.
- Learn one new thing a day- It could be this list of new habits, a new skill or even a new word. Just improving a little bit every single day can have a dramatic effect over time.
- Watch a thought leader on YouTube every week- Check out videos of people sharing their insights and what they’ve learned, likethis favoriteof Yang’s for inspiration.
- Batch your emails- Instead of checking out each email as it hits your inbox, try to check it every three hours instead if you can.
- Drink a green smoothie every morning- Get your daily supply of veggies and fruit in drink form to start your day with a healthy boost.
- Work out in the morning- Yang says this habit will boost your energy for the rest of the day and your health will be better because of it.
- Practice gratitude- Once a day think of three things you’re grateful for today. You can even write them down and stick them in a jar to create a “jar of awesomeness,” then take one out anytime you’re feeling down or stuck.
- Build a “feel good” crew- Spend time with people that bring out the best in you and stop wasting time on toxic, negative people in your life.
- Be willing to experiment- We don’t always know what the right answer is and experimenting is a good way to find out. When in doubt, take action and test your ideas. It may take a lot of tries to figure it out, but failure is part of the process.