With a lot of people not traveling to visit family this Thanksgiving, it will be up to themselves to make a meal on the holiday. Many will be cooking their Thanksgiving feast for the first time, and they are, understandably, a bit worried.
A new Campbell Soup survey finds:
- 65% of people plan to celebrate Thanksgiving in their own home this year.
- Half will celebrate with fewer people than in a typical year.
- 22% will be first-time Thanksgiving hosts.
- 66% are worried about suffering an epic cooking fail.
- Most people are looking to make things as stress-free as possible.
- Because of that, 80% of consumers are expecting to use online grocery shopping services.
- 25% plan to use them more than they did last Thanksgiving.
- When it comes to what food they’ll cook, 77% said mashed potatoes is their favorite Thanksgiving side dish.
- 41% first-time hosts say Green Bean Casserole is the top “no fail” dish.
- And if you are a first-time Thanksgiving host in Manhattan, you may actually be in luck. Campbell is offering what they call Campbell’s Dinner Insurance, a partnership with Instacart, in which if your side dish doesn’t go as well as planned, they can insure their ingredient purchases and Instacart will deliver a gourmet replacement side dish, with same-day delivery service on Thanksgiving.Click here for more info.