While most people love going on vacation, if you’re flying you’ll have to deal with the airport, and that certainly can be a stressful and frustrating experience. And while airports themselves are largely to blame, fellow passengers can also make any airport visit a major pain.
So what are travelers doing to make the airport experience so terrible? Well, there’s some bad behavior that a lot of people are certainly guilty of, and now some etiquette experts are revealing some of the rudest things people are doing.
The rudest things travelers are doing at airports include:
- Not tipping at curbside check-in– Checking luggage in at the curb is a definite luxury and usually means you won’t have to wait in line inside, but you should show your gratitude for the service with a tip. Standard is a couple of dollars each bag.
- Holding up the lines– Getting through the airport easily has a lot to do with making sure the line moves smoothly, so be prepared with your ticket and passport out, and pay attention to signs and announcements.
- Pushing in front of security– If you arrive late don’t expect everyone to be inconvenienced for you. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get through security.
- Leaving your bins behind– Once you gather your stuff make sure to return the bin to the appropriate place, and not just leave them on the belt.
- Regrouping in the middle of security– When you take your stuff off the belt move to the designated area to get your stuff in order, don’t hold up the line at security.
- Blocking the moving sidewalk– Those sidewalks are to get people where they need to go faster. If you don’t want to walk on them make sure you and your luggage are off to one side so people can pass.
- Hogging seats at crowded gates– Seats are for people to sit in, not your bags. Gates are usually very crowded these days so don’t spread out your stuff and occupy more seats than you need.
- Swarming the boarding area– Everyone knows they can’t board until their group is called yet everyone is always hovering around the boarding area. Apparently the term for such people is “gate lice” and these people tend to cause the boarding area to get clogged.
Click herefor other rude airport behavior.