- CareerCast analyzed things like physical demands, deadlines, hazards and more to determine their 2019 Most Stressful Jobs list
- Enlisted Military Personnel tops the list of the most stressful jobs out there, followed by Firefighters
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer tops the list for the least stressful job
When you ask most people they’ll probably tell you their work is pretty stressful. In fact, according to a new Career Cast poll, out of a ten-point scale, 78% of people would rate their job stress level at a seven or higher, which is up from 69% in 2017. As for the things causing the most stress, 38% of people say it’s meeting deadlines, while 14% say it’s growth potential and interacting with the public.
So, what are the most stressful jobs out there? Well, CareerCast has analyzed careers based on 11 stress factors like physical demands, deadlines, hazards, public interaction and more to determine their 2019 Most Stressful Jobs list.
It’s probably not that surprising to hear that jobs at the top of the list have workers risking their lives on a daily basis. The number one most stressful job yet again this year is that of an Enlisted Military Personnel, with a stress score of 72.58 out of 100, followed by the somewhat equally risky gig of firefighter, with a stress score of 72.38.
2019 Most Stressful Jobs (stress score)
- Enlisted Military Personnel, 72.58
- Firefighter, 72.38
- Airline Pilot, 61.2
- Police Officer, 51.9
- Broadcaster, 51.27
- Event Coordinator, 51.19
- News Reporter, 49.95
- Public Relations Executive, 49.47
- Corporate Executive (Senior), 48.97
- Taxi Driver, 48.16
As for theleaststressful job, that would be Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, which earns only a 5.1 stress score.
2019 Least Stressful Jobs
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, 5.06
- Compliance Officer, 5.76
- Hair Stylist, 6.72
- Audiologist, 7.28
- University Professor, 8.42
- Medical Records Technician, 8.52
- Jeweler, 9.0
- Operations Research Analyst, 9.09
- Pharmacy Technician, 9.19
- Massage Therapist, 10.38