Lots of us love Trader Joe’s, but we don’t all love the same Trader Joe’s items.Workwiseanalyzed Google search data to find out which TJ’s item is the most searched for in each state and the most popular item overall in each region of the U.S. These aren’t necessarily the things shoppers are putting in their carts, but they’re the ones they’re looking for the most online.
- Sweet Chili Sauce- In 13 states, which is about a quarter of the country, this spicy/sweet condiment comes in first. Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Virginia can’t get enough of it. And Sweet Chili Sauce is also the most popular pick regionally, with three out of four areas ( the Midwest, the Northeast, and the South) searching for it more than any other TJ’s item.
- Macarons- Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming all searched for these sweet almond pastries most often and Macarons also won the regional top search for the West.
- Desserts that are NOT Macarons- Trader Joe’s has some amazing desserts and for the folks in Mississippi, North Dakota, South Carolina, and of course, Florida, Key Lime Pie comes in first. For Colorado and Oregon, it’s Vegan Banana Bread, for Minnesota, it’s Chocolate Lava Cakes, New Yorkers searched for Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups most, and in Wisconsin Danish Kringle wins.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning- This stuff is really popular, especially in these nine states where it’s tops: Arizona, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
- The Freezer Section- For eight states, the savory options in the frozen section win. New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont love spanakopita. Kung Pao Chicken gets the most adoration in Delaware, New Mexico, and West Virginia. And Connecticut and Maine are all about the Turkey Meatballs.
- Random Snacks- Folks in California have a fondness for Unexpected Cheddar cheese and in Washington, D.C., Bamba - the peanut butter-flavored puffs -win.