FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
In response to media inquiries about the scheduled teacher’s walkout on Thursday April 26, St. Mary’s Food Bank will be available to families and children in need in the following ways:
- St. Mary’s currently distributes more than 7,000 after-school meals daily to at-risk kids at more than 150 sites around the state. More than 100 of those sites are not located on school properties and will not be affected.
- The Food Bank will continue to operate those after school sites and are in the process of identifying additional temporary sites to replace the school locations to make sure those children continue to receive food.
- St. Mary’s also has plans to increase meal production by 25 percent to about 9,000 per day if schools remain closed beyond Friday.
- For families who do not participate in normal feeding program and are looking to emergency food for their children, please visit the list of St. Mary’s agency partner sites at www.firstfoodbank.org/get-help to find the nearest agency location to obtain an emergency food box – a 2-3 day supply of non-perishable food for families that includes canned fruits and vegetables, cereal, past, beans and other items. Families should bring identification and a proof of address with them.
- In addition both St. Mary’s locations in Phoenix (3131 West Thomas Road) and Surprise (13050 West Elm Street) will provide grab-and-go children’s meals from 9 am to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Families can also obtain an emergency food box at both locations in addition to the children’s meals.
Take advantage of the RedForEd discount at the Phoenix Zoo!
Come Hang Out at the Zoo!
We are offering a #RedForEd Discount to support students, teachers and families
during the #RedForEd school closings.
Guests can purchase one (1) full priced general adult admission ($24.95) and
receive one (1) FREE general child admission (a $14.95 value) on
Thursday, April 26 and Friday, April 27.
Current Zoo hours are 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., members may enter at 8 a.m. The discount
cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Not valid with online or
previously purchased tickets.
We'll see you at the Zoo!
You'll find a lot more information in other local cities on the AZCentral.com site