These critters can easily become unwanted house guests for Valley residents and disposing of them can be difficult.
If you come across scorpions in your home, here are a few tips to get rid of them.
- Don't hit it with a fly swatter - If you come across a scorpion with babies on its back, don't hit it with anything. The babies could scatter, causing an infestation.
- Suck them up with a vacuum - By using a vacuum, you keep all the scorpions contained, avoiding the chance of them escaping back into your home.
- No wood piles and river rocks - Scorpions head to homes looking for moisture and food sources, and wood and rocks are prime locations.
- Always check your shoes - Shoes are a prime hiding spot for scorpions.
- Keep a black light handy - If you shine a black light on a scorpion, their body will illuminate and become visible in the darkness.
These are just a few suggestions to help you deal with scorpions, but ultimately, scorpions can be very dangerous. In most cases, scorpion removal should best be left to the professionals.