It’s DOGust, the month we celebrate shelter dogs
It’s a perfect time to adopt a new doggo
First, there are some things to consider
- Talk with a shelter staffer or counselor so they can help you pick out the right dog for your lifestyle.
- Make sure the age and type of dog works with your schedule. If you work a lot, a puppy isn’t a good idea.
- Consider where you live. If you rent, clear it with your landlord.
- If you have a pet, bring it to meet your potential pup.
- Research breeds to get an idea of which is best for you.