"Take that out of your mouth!!" New research says that ER visits among kids under age 6 due to accidental ingestion rose by an average of more than 4% every year between 1995 and 2015. The study found that about 100 kids a day are rushed to emergency rooms in the US after accidentally swallowing a toy piece, battery,magnet or other foreign object -- almost twice as many as in the mid 1990s. Dr. Danielle Orsagh-Yentis, lead author of the study published in the May issue of Pediatrics said, "The sheer number of these injuries is cause for concern." Between 1995 and 2015, an estimated 800,000 kids in that age group were treated after swallowing foreign objects. Coins are the main culprit, followed by jewelry, batteries and toy parts. No word on if the rise is due to a rise in accident rates, or if experts getting better at logging and reporting the accidents. Or..if we're paying less attention as parents? ~Melissa
Win a family vacation to the Bahia Resort Hotel including a 2-night stay, and four tickets to Sea World San Diego! • Listen to Beth & Friends at 7:40am this week (4/15-4/19) during the Follywood Quiz for your chance to win! BONUS CHANCE HERE!