Bruno Mars literally set the stage at Scotland’s Glasgow Green on fire during his show there Tuesday. An eyewitness tells Entertainment Tonight that midway through his performance, Mars suddenly stopped singing and apologized to the audience before telling them that he needed to stop the show.
“They lowered [a] lighting rig and used fire extinguishers to put something out that was on stage,” says the source. A safety message was then shown on a video screen that read, “This is a safety announcement. It is necessary to stop the show temporarily. Further information to follow.” The fire was quickly extinguished and there were no injuries.
“He was a total showman,” says the concertgoer of Mars. “When he came back on the stage, he apologized for briefly having to stop the show. He then incorporated what had happened onstage into the lyrics of his next song.” “We burned the stage down in Glasgow,” sings Mars in a video posted by a fan on Twitter. He then joked, “Better call the fire department when the Hooligans get on stage!”
Mars travels to Dublin for a show on Thursday before wrapping up the European leg of his 24K Magic World Tour in London Saturday. He’ll perform at Lollapalooza in Chicago August 3rd before kicking off the U.S. portion of his tour in September, with special guest Cardi B.
#BrunoMars confirms the stage went on fire here at Glasgow Green due to a pyrotechnic which forced a temporary pause in the show. He then sings “we burned the stage down in Glasgow”. @BrunoMars pic.twitter.com/a8V6CqlOQz— Connor Gillies (@ConnorGillies) July 10, 2018
Bruno Mars is on FIRE 🔥😍 (no, seriously... they’ve had to temporarily stop the show because of the fireworks 🎇...) thanks to the team for extinguishing 👨🚒🚒 pic.twitter.com/G8PCQ13FvU— Amber Zoe (@imamberzoe) July 10, 2018
Going to our iHeartRadio Music Festival this year? Get your tickets HERE!!