Sometimes even the most well-planned event just doesn’t turn out the way you anticipated. Now, two of the most rigorously polished, trained and self-edited entertainers in the biz—Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake—are sharing how their perfectly planned birth had some very unexpected plot twists (spoiler: they still got their Hollywood ending).
Their son Silas is about to turn 3, and in their new book, The Nanny Connie Way: Secrets to Mastering the First Four Months of Parenthood, they document the craziness and how their nanny, Connie Simpson, ultimately saved the day.
- "Our story with Nanny Connie started the day we brought our son home from the hospital," the couple writes in an excerpt from the book (via ET). "That may sound like a normal statement coming from new parents, except our birth plan was anything but normal."
- "We had two midwives, one doula, one meditation birthing class, a ton of hippie baby books, and a lovely home in the Hollywood Hills that we had turned into a labor training facility that we called The Octagon. So, not exactly normal," Timberlake and Biel continue.
- But it was far from the chillaxed experience they envisioned. "When all our plans fell apart and the serene, natural childbirth we had envisioned ended with a transfer to the hospital and an emergency C-section, we arrived home exhausted, disillusioned, and totally in shock," the couple writes. "I was obsessed with everything organic, toxin-free, natural, and homeopathic for our kid, who came into this world in an operating room through an incision. I was a dictator, making myself and my husband insane!"
- Silas will celebrate his third birthday April 8th. Will there be a sequel?
- "I mean, I want to have as many as we can, if I'm being honest," Timberlake said in January. Stay tuned! Meanwhile, The Nanny Connie Way: Secrets to Mastering the First Four Months of Parenthood, by Connie Simpson, drops April 10th.