Whoa Mama! Mama June Shannon has kept her newly svelte figure under wraps for months, but finally revealed the shocking and transformation on WE tv’s Mama June: From Not to Hot on Friday's episode.
She also sits down with People magazine for an exclusive discussion of her personal weight-loss journey and to share exclusive pictures of her “after” look.
- In Not to Hot, she explains that the change was so dramatic her own children barely recognized her. Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson says: “She looks great. I’m really proud of her,” and adding later that she thinks Mama June now looks “like Marilyn Monroe.”
- Mama June slimmed down from a size 18 to her current size 4, but the process was anything but smooth. To get to where she is today, Mama June went through surgeries and a total lifestyle change, she tells People.
- On Friday's episode of Not to Hot Mama June says of her new self: "I feel like [I'm] becoming the person on the outside that I always felt like [I was] on the inside."
- The 37-year-old admits that her motivation wasn’t entirely pure: "My goal when I first started this weight loss journey was to make [ex] Sugar Bear kind of jealous. But it's no longer about revenge. Doing all the surgeries really took a toll on me—not just physically, but emotionally."
- Mama June also took to Twitter to thank her fans for support, writing: "I've been through a long road I'm so proud of where I came from."
Win tickets to see OneRepublic At Ak-Chin Pavilion Aug 29th with Beth And Friends at 6:10 am this week (4/3-4/7) on 99.9 KEZ!