It’s the holiday season, the most wonderful time of the year! For working poor families this time of year is usually the toughest, many of the families receiving services at ICM make less than $10,000 annually. In December, bills still need to get paid, basic needs have to be met and gifts for the children are not usually something that are financially possible.
ICM Food & Clothing Bank strives to help children in low income families receive gifts, clothing, shoes and hygiene kits each holiday season and there are several ways you can help!
- · Adopt a child(ren) by contacting Abby at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 602-403-3577 – You will receive the name, age, gender and small wish list of a child in need.
- · Donate a gift card in any denomination to ICM (these donations will be given to children that did not get adopted out)
- · Don’t have time to shop? No problem! You can donate online at https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/ICMFoodandClothingBank/holidaydrive.html and the funds will be used to purchase gifts for children in need.
- · Monetary and gift card donations can also be mailed to ICM P.O. Box 2225, Phoenix, AZ 85002
- · In Kind donations can be dropped off at ICM (501 S. 9th Ave, Phx 85007) Mon – Fri 8-3 and Sat. 8-12. Most requested items for in-kind donations are: Warm clothing sizes 5T through juniors large (both boys & girls), board games, Lego set, art set, jewelry making set, basketball, football, skateboard and gift cards.
This year our holiday event will be held on Saturday, December 15th from 1-4 p.m., please make your donation in time to bring a smile to a child in need.
Any and all donations are greatly appreciated! From our hearts to yours, happy holidays!
I spoke with ICM Executive Director Beth Fiorenza about the best ways for you to help these
families this Christmas. Give it a listen and pitch in where you can!