ADOT Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory (April 21-24) – Phoenix Area
I-17 North closed between 19th Avenue and Thomas Road
- Northbound Interstate 17 closed between 19th Avenue and Thomas Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 24) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing. Both I-10 ramps to northbound I-17 at the “Stack” interchange closed. McDowell Road closed in both directions at I-17 for bridge work. Southbound I-17 left lane closed near McDowell Road. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes due to anticipated delays on northbound I-17. Alternate routes include westbound I-10 starting near Sky Harbor Airport to northbound SR 51 and westbound Loop 101 to reach I-17. Expect heavy traffic on local detour routes, including northbound I-17 frontage road. Note: Arizona Diamondbacks fans are asked to plan ahead for travel to or from Chase Field this weekend. Avoid postgame routes toward northbound I-17 closure. …..
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight between Perryville Road and Estrella Parkway from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (April 22) for construction that includes sign installation. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Perryville Road closed. Westbound I-10 also narrowed to three lanes between Estrella Parkway and Sarival Avenue. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time, be prepared to slow down in work zones and consider alternate routes. Consider using other eastbound on-ramps, including Sarival Avenue, while Perryville Road on-ramp is closed…..
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Perryville Road and Estrella Parkway from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (April 23) for construction that includes lane striping. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at Perryville Road and Sarival Avenue closed. Eastbound off-ramps at Citrus Road and Estrella Parkway closed. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes. Nearby available ramps include the eastbound I-10 off-ramps at Perryville Road or Bullard Avenue and eastbound on-ramp at Estrella Parkway…..
- Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane in each direction between 107th Avenue and Thunderbird Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday (April 23) for resurfacing at the 111th Avenue and 113th Avenue intersections. Both 111th and 113th avenues closed at Grand Avenue. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes that include Peoria Avenue or Bell Road…..
- East- and westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) narrowed at times (left and/or right lane closures) near Rural Road from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (April 22-23) for underground utility work. Expect lane restrictions along US 60 off-ramps at Rural Road (both directions). DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zones….
- Northbound State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) off-ramp at Highland Avenue closed from 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (April 22) for city of Phoenix waterline work. DETOUR: Consider using other northbound off-ramps, including ramps at Indian School and Bethany Home roads.
RENAISSANCE HOTEL – WELCOME TO THE BLOCK PARTY
This event will take place at the Renaissance Hotel at 5 p.m. Thursday, April 20.
The following street will be closed from 6 a.m. through 11 p.m.:
Adams Street – Central Avenue to First Street
During this event, Adams Street through traffic will be detoured to Monroe and Washington streets.
All streets will open to normal traffic by midnight Thursday, April 20.
MARCH FOR SCIENCE AND FESTIVAL
This event will take place at 8 a.m. on Washington Street between First and Third avenues Saturday, April 22.
The following street will be closed from 7 a.m. through 6 p.m.:
- Washington Street – First to Third avenues
The following streets will be closed from 10:45 a.m. through 11:30 a.m.:
- Jefferson Street – Third Avenue to Fifth Street
- Washington Street – Fifth Street to Third Avenue
- Central Avenue – Washington to Jefferson streets
- First Street – Washington to Jefferson streets
- Second Street – Washington to Jefferson streets
- Third Street – Washington to Jefferson streets
- Fifth Street – Washington to Jefferson streets
Local and business access will be maintained.
All side streets and driveway entries on the route will be closed for the march participants and will be reopened as they proceed.
Police officers will be on-site to assist with traffic control.
All streets will open to normal traffic by 6 p.m. Saturday, April 22.