No matter how much people embrace body positivity, there will always be people who want to lose weight, and it’s certainly a struggle for many, with folks having to sacrifice a lot to lose a few pounds. Well, now a new survey reveals just how hard it is for some.
The poll by weight-care platform Found finds:
- 91% of Americans have tried at least one weight-loss plan over the course of their life.
- Half admit to trying 11 different methods to lose weight, while a quarter have tried at least 16.
- Only 28% of people report losing the weight they wanted and keeping it off.
- 32% have lost the weight but gained it back.
- And most people are not happy when on their weight loss journey.
- 37% describe it as “overwhelming.”
- 31% describe it as “unsuccessful.”
- Only 15% describe it as “rewarding.”
- And trying to lose weight comes with a lot of sacrifice for many.
- In fact, 65% say it’s hard to think about long-term weight loss because it comes with so many sacrifices.
- Folks say losing weight comes with more sacrifices than:
- Having kids (33%)
- Cutting back on finances (30%)
- Starting a new job (28%)
- 54% of people say they gave up on losing weight because of the many sacrifices that came with it.
- 31% say they sacrificed their happiness.
- 29% sacrificed their mental well-being.
- 28% sacrificed love or relationships.
Source: SWNS Digital