When it comes to food, few people have exactly the same tastebuds, which is why there are so many different ways to enjoy dishes. But the way some people eat some things is just downright wrong, and folks are sharing some of the most glaring food atrocities they’ve ever witnessed.
It all started when someone on Reddit posed the question “What is the most heinous food crime?,” and folks were more than happy to chime in.
Food crimes include:
- "My mother microwaves salad, and I'm not talking chicken salad or egg salad. I'm talking vegetables. A full salad made of plants goes in the microwave for 60 seconds."
- "I had a girlfriend who would eat butter straight from the stick. Seriously. As if it were a candy bar."
- "My aunt stirs a spoonful of sugar into her glass of red wine. Now that is a new one for me, and it's unforgivable. An ice cube in wine is
- "My roommate eats peanut butter and mayo sandwiches, which seems like a food crime to me. Fortunately, I’ve never had to experience seeing her make or eat one."
- "Using excessive, improper toppings on pizza. Forget about pineapple — that's nothing. My wife puts mayo, egg, corn, potato and French fries on pizza like it's normal."
- "Biting into a Kit Kat whole rather than separating it into two individual sticks. A friend of mine once bit sideways into a Kit Kat bar and I was horrified."
- “Using cauliflower as a 'healthy' ingredient replacement and saying it tastes the same. Cauliflower is a great vegetable. You can make rice out of it, you can use it to bulk up a curry, you can slice and roast or fry it. But it tastes like cauliflower. It's never going to taste like potato or rice or meat. So let's not pretend.”
- “Making a burger that is so fat I can't fit my mouth around it. I want to be able to taste all of the toppings in each mouthful without ingredients falling out of the bun."
- "My roommate puts apple sauce on anything from tacos or fish to spaghetti or burgers. He will literally dunk any food into a bowl of applesauce. It's absolutely horrifying."