While buying a home is the American Dream for some people, others just can’t afford it, or don’t want to bother with the responsibilities of owning their own place. And in some cases it actually may be smarter to rent than to buy, but of course that depends on where you choose to rent that home.
- Well, now WalletHub has come out with a list of the Best and Worst Places to Rent in America.
- They compared over 180 rental markets on 22 key measures in areas of rental market and affordability, and quality of life.
- They looked at things like the difference between rental rates and mortgage payments, the cost of living, job availability and more.
- With all that in mind, the site names Sioux Falls, South Dakota as the best city to rent in the U.S. with a score of 65.26 out of 100.
- The area tops the list mainly because it's number one for rental market and affordability, because it lands at 89 for quality of life.
- As for the market with the best quality of life, Portland, Maine earns that honor, although it lands at 13th overall, and 83rdfor rental market and affordability.
Top Ten Best Places To Rent In The U.S.
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Overland Park, KS
- Fargo, ND
- Lincoln, NE
- Columbia, MD
- Bismarck, ND
- El Paso, TX
- Lewiston, ME
- Nashua, NH
- On the flipside, Huntington, West Virginia is the worst place to rent in the U.S., scoring just a 33.87, and ranking second to last for quality of life, and pretty low for rental market and affordability.
Ten Worst Places To Rent in the U.S.
- Huntington, WV
- Detroit, MI
- Memphis, TN
- New Orleans, LA
- San Bernardino, CA
- Cleveland, OH
- Jackson, MI
- Stockton, CA
- Newark, NJ
- Oakland, CA
Click hereto find out where your city falls on the list.