Over the holiday season, more people will show they care by volunteering or donating money to a worthy cause. But there are some areas in the country where such acts of caring are more prevalent year-round, and now a new report reveals where those caring cities are.
- WalletHub just released their list of the Most Caring Cities in America, judging areas on 39 key indicators of compassion. They include:
- Caring for the Community,which includes things like favors to neighbors and clothing distribution to the needy.
- Caring for the Vulnerable, which encompasses percentage of sheltered homeless and adoption rates.
- Caring in the Work Force,which could be percentage of firefighters and cops, as well as nurses and doctors.
- Overall, Madison, Wisconsin was deemed the Most Caring City in America, earning a score of 69.56 and ranking number one Caring for the Community and in the Top 10 for Caring in the Workforce
- Seattle, Washington, which ranks ninth overall, is tops for Caring for the Vulnerable, while Boston Massachusetts, ranked second overall, is the best when it comes to Caring in the Workforce.
Top Ten Most Caring Cities in the U.S.
(click here for the complete list)
- Madison, WI
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Fremont, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Jersey City, NJ
- Lincoln, NE
- Seattle, WA
- Denver, CO
- As for the least caring city, that would be Birmingham, Alabama, which lands dead last for Caring for the Community, and at 99 for Caring for the Vulnerable.