Most high schoolers are either already off, or will be off for the summer pretty soon, and while some will lounge around and do nothing all day, others hope to make a little cash with a summer job. Unfortunately for some parents, it may not be so easy for their teens to find a summer job these days, and where you live may have a huge effect on whether you have to deal with them on the couch all summer.
- Well, WalletHub set out to determine the places where teens have the best shot at landing a summer job.
- They looked at more 180 markets across 23 key indicators of employment.
- Those include things things like median income of part-time workers, availability of summer jobs and internships and more.
- So which teens will have the easiest time finding a gig this summer? Well, those in Scottsdale, Arizona, apparently have it the easiest.
- Scottsdale earned a score of 70 out of 100, ranking at number two for youth job market, and ninth for social environment affordability.
- Bismarck, North Dakota, which ranks second overall, is tops for youth job market, while San Francisco, California ranks tops for social environment affordability.
Top Ten Places To Find Summer Jobs
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Bismarck, ND
- Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Billings, Montana
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Overland Park, KS
- Juneau, AK
- Charleston, WV
- Boise, ID
- Portland, ME
- As for where it will be hardest to find a summer gig, New York, New York, lands at the bottom of the list with a score of 28.39 out of 100,
Click hereto find out where your area falls.