When you go on a first date you obviously want to make a good first impression, but you may not realize that what drink you may be ruining that for you.
A new survey, conducted by Jack Daniels, finds:
- The first drink you order on a date could be making a lasting impression on your potential match.
- Although it seems men are more critical than women, with 60% of men saying a bad drink order would be a “deal breaker,” compared to just 32% of women.
- 30% of Americans admit they ended a date early because of their date’s drink order.
- 62% of people say a person’s drink choice shows a lot about their personality.
- 65% of people think folks should order their favorite drink on a first date in order to reveal who they “really are.”
So, what drink orders leave a good impression on a date?
- Well, a martini is one of the top choices, with 60% of people saying it leaves a good impression.
- Other drinks that will leave dates impressed include:
- Gin and tonic (46%)
- Manhattan (45%)
- Cosmopolitan (42%)
- Whiskey Sour (42%)
- On the flipside, you don’t want to order a Long Island Iced Tea on a date, with 22% of people saying it would leave a bad impression.
- ONE MORE THING!A new survey, conducted by OnePoll, reveals the most popular cocktail in America and you may be surprised by the answer. The report taps the Margarita as America’s fave, with 26% of the vote, followed by a vodka soda (22%).
America’s Top Five Most Popular Cocktails
(click herefor the complete list)
- Vodka Soda
- Rum and Coke
- Whiskey/Bourbon & Cola
- Gin & Tonic