Want to feel and look your best? Most of us do, that’s why so many people take a chance on diets, detoxes and cleanses that promise they’ll make it happen. Unfortunately, most of those turn out to be BS, but you know what actually works? These science-backed simple ways to help you look and feel healthier in one month.
- Get moving- You don’t have to force yourself to do a 45-minute HIIT class every morning, just being active regularly makes a difference. Research shows it doesn’t matter so much which kind of workout you do, as long as you’re moving your body often, your heart, muscles and mind will be healthier and happier.
- Cut back on salty, processed foods- Astudyfrom Harvard finds that people who ate a high-sodium, low-potassium diet had a higher risk of dying from a heart attack and a 20% higher risk of death from any cause than those with the lowest sodium intakes. Plus, cutting back on the salty stuff can improve your complexion since sodium basically sucks moisture from your skin.
- Get seven to eight hours of sleep a night- We know sleep is important, but neuroscientistMatthewWalkerbluntly says, “The shorter you sleep, the shorter your life.”
- Stay hydrated- Downing plenty of water helps your body flush out toxins, regulate your temperature and it improves sleep quality, cognition and mood, as well as helping your skin look its best, too.
- Moisturize- Keeping your skin hydrated can help make fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable, plus it keeps the skin soft and smooth and it helps balance out the skin’s natural oil production.
- Write down your goals each week- According to onestudy, you’re 42% more likely to achieve your goals and dreams just by writing them down on a regular basis. The research also suggests doing it can have a strong positive effect on your mood and overall life satisfaction. So write them down!