Since the pandemic began last March, frozen food sales have been steadily growing as more people are staying in. The employees of Trader Joe’s are feeling your pain – and have chosen 10 of what they consider to be the best frozen foods. Here’s a list:
- Mandarin Orange Chicken– This was chosen as “Favorite Entrée” and “Favorite Overall.” They suggest pairing it with rice and a salad for an easy, balanced meal.
- French Onion Soup– Employees point out that it’s easy to prepare in a microwave and near-restaurant quality.
- Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe– Simply sauté the noodles, add the sauce packet and two tablespoons of water in a skillet for less than 10 minutes.
- Penne Arrabbiata– Their pick for a “heat and eat” pasta entrée. Just add chicken or Italian sausage for protein for a heartier meal.
- Breaded Chicken Tenderloin Breasts– Good on their own, the TJ’s folks are also sharing a great recipe: toss the tenderloins in Trader Joe’s Marinara Sauce, add parmesan cheese and cradle ‘em in Hawaiian rolls...and you’ll have Chicken Parm Sliders.
- Cauliflower Gnocchi– They’re ready to prep in an air fryer...just toss in your favorite sauce and if you want, add a protein.
- Uncooked Grass-Fed Angus Beef Burgers– Buy them frozen (at $5.99 a pound) and use in any way you see fit.
- Branzino Filets– These sell for $9.99 for four filets in a bag...and they’re ready to roll in a skillet with a little EVOO and some seasoning.
- Garlic Naan– A favorite that many of Trader Joe’s employees prefer to restaurant versions.
- Chocolate Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert– A vegan non-dairy product that hits the mark with almost everyone.