- A new poll finds that pizza is by far America’s favorite food
- 21% of people say pizza is the food they could not live without, beating out steak and hamburgers
- 25% of people say pizza is the food they are most likely to indulge in when straying from their diet
Everyone has that one food that they can not live without, and according to a new survey, for most people that food is pizza.
Now, considering the survey was commissioned by California Pizza Kitchen, we’d take the results with a grain of salt, but the poll finds that 21% of people chose pizza as the one food they could not possibly give up, followed by:
- Steak (16%)
- Hamburgers (13%)
- Tacos (11%)
- Pasta (11%)
- Salad (9%)
- Sushi (6%)
- Macaroni and cheese (4%)
Pizza is so popular among Americans that 25% of people say it’s the food they are most likely to indulge in when straying from their diet, followed by ice cream or a burger with fries (both got 18%) and fried chicken or tacos (7% each).
The survey, conducted in conjunction with National Pizza Month, which starts Monday, also finds:
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the celebrity most people want to eat pizza with (18%), followed by Betty White (15%).
- 22% of people wouldn't go on a second date with someone who ate pizza with a fork and knife.
- Only 36% of people believe pineapple should not be allowed on a pizza.
- 63% of people say they’d probably “swipe right” on someone who mentioned pizza in their dating profile
Source: USA Today