Hollywood’s finest turned out for one of fashion’s biggest night’s out at the annual Met Gala last night. The event, which is led by "Vogue" Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour, descends on New York City’s Metropolitan Museum of Art to benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. Co-hosting the event this year: Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace.
The theme for 2018 - “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and Catholic Imagination” and whether they went for something more "costumey" or just a glam look, attendees did not disappoint on the fashion front. From celeb couple debuts to surprise engagements, here’s a look what went down on the Met carpet.
- For the first time ever..."Riverdale" co-stars Lili Reinhart and Cole Sprouse appear to have officially confirmed their relationship by stepping out together for the event - and acting like a couple (though they weren’t packing on the PDA by any means). Another celebrity couple debut - Shawn Mendes and Hailey Baldwin.
- An unlikely pairing of sorts? Tiffany Haddish and Karlie Kloss.Tiffany hit up her first ever Met Gala with the model Gala vet.
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez were a match made in heaven last night. JLo was serving looks in a bejeweled Balmain dress with a red and blue cross across her chest, while ARod accompanied in a head to toe black ensemble.
- One of the most jaw dropping moments of the night came when 2 Chainz got down on one knee and proposed to his longtime love, Kesha Ward. Turns out, he proposed to her the first time at the BET Awards in 2013 - and they've even had some kids together. While she's called her his "wife" for years, they never made it official. They will now! She told "E!" on the carpet, “It’s crazy, he just gave me this! So happy! I love it.”
- Of course there were our solo dolos of the night. Katy Perry, who’s rumored to be on again with Orlando Bloom went stag...maybe because there wasn't room for anything else in her car considering the giant angel wings she was wearing.
- Kim Kardashian West left Kanye at home.
- Zendaya channeled Joan of Arc.
- Rihanna slayed, as usual, in a look inspired by Pope Francis. She even brought out a beaded bishop’s hat to go with her Margielaensemble.
- We all know that after the party, it’s the "after party" and for Holland Taylor it seems that party was a private celebration for her and her sweetie, Sarah Paulson. In after hours, Holland tweeted a snap of Sarah’s dress from the Gala laying on a bed captioned “Valkyrie Angel calls it a night.”