Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory (Jan. 24-27): Loop 101
lane closures in Glendale, Grand Ave/McDowell intersection closed
PHOENIX — Weekend freeway projects will require lane restrictions and ramp closures in the Phoenix area, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers are asked to use caution, allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes if necessary while the following freeway restrictions are in place this weekend (Jan. 24-27):
- Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) narrowed to two lanes in each direction between Glendale and Northern avenues in Glendale from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 27) for work related to the ongoing HOV-lane ramps project at the Maryland Avenue bridge. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to merge safely in the work zones.
- The Grand Avenue intersection at McDowell Road and 19th Avenue in Phoenix closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 27) for paving work. DETOUR: Please use alternate routes, including Seventh or 27th avenues for north south travel and Thomas Road or Van Buren Street for east-west travel.
- Both Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) off-ramps at Scottsdale Road in Tempe closed from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 25) for local event. DETOUR: Please plan ahead and use other nearby exits.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) ramps to north- and southbound Loop 101 closed overnight from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 25) for freeway-lighting work. DETOUR. Please use alternate routes.
- Northbound State Route 85 ramp to eastbound Interstate 10 in the Buckeye area closed overnight from 8 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 27) for guardrail work. DETOUR: Consider using eastbound Broadway Road to northbound Miller Road to access I-10.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 ramp to eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed overnight from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 27) for freeway-lighting work. Both I-10 off-ramps at Chandler Boulevard closed from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 27) for lighting work. DETOUR: Please use alternate routes, including eastbound Baseline Road, while eastbound I-10 ramp to eastbound US 60 is closed.