Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory (May 16-19):
Expect Loop 101 closures west of I-17, restrictions
along Grand Avenue and Loop 303 in West Valley
PHOENIX — Freeway-improvement projects in the Phoenix area will require closures or lane restrictions in the Phoenix area this weekend (May 16-19). The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends travelers allow extra time and consider alternate routes while the following restrictions are in place:
- Westbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) closed between 59th and 67th avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (May 17) for traffic-flow equipment installation. Westbound Loop 101 on-ramps at 51st and 59th avenues also closed starting at 9 p.m. Friday. DETOUR: Westbound Loop 101 traffic will detour along frontage road.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) closed between 51st and 59th avenues from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (May 18) for traffic-flow equipment installation. Westbound Loop 101 on-ramps at 35th and 51st avenues also closed starting at 9 p.m. Saturday. DETOUR: Westbound Loop 101 traffic will detour along frontage road.
- Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane in each direction near 27th Avenue from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday (for westbound travel) and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday (for eastbound travel) for paving. Grand Avenue narrowed to one lane in each direction in areas between 57th Drive and 71st Avenue from 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday (May 17) for paving and other improvement work. Advisory for NEXT week: Grand Avenue narrowed to one lane in each direction at several locations between 19th and 71st avenues from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. (for westbound travel) and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (for eastbound travel) Monday through Friday (May 19-23).
- Northbound Loop 303 narrowed at times and northbound on- and off-ramps closed between Indian School Road and Glendale Avenue from 4 a.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (May 19) for rubberized asphalt paving. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including Cotton Lane and Sarival Avenue, while the freeway restrictions are in place.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to three lanes overnight at 75th Avenue from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 19) for pavement repair work. DETOUR: Please be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zone.