Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory (May 12-15)
I-17 North closed between Glendale and Dunlap avenues for paving
· Northbound Interstate 17 closed between Glendale and Dunlap avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 15) for rubberized asphalt paving. Consider alternate routes, including northbound State Route 51. Northern and Dunlap avenues both narrowed to one direction in each direction at I-17, with no left turns allowed. Consider other streets for east-west travel, including Bethany Home Road or Peoria Avenue. Southbound HOV lane closed between Dunlap and Northern avenues. DETOUR: Northbound I-17 traffic exiting at Glendale Avenue can detour along frontage road or use 19th or 27th avenues. Consider alternate routes due to anticipated heavy traffic.
· Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) ramp to eastbound Interstate 10 in West Valley closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 15) for bridge work. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes to limit delays. Drivers can exit southbound Loop 101 to eastbound McDowell Road and use southbound 91st Avenue to access eastbound I-10.
· Southbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Seventh Avenue closed from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (May 13) for city of Phoenix waterline project. DETOUR: Consider using other nearby southbound exits, including Durango Street/19th Avenue or Seventh Street.
· Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to three lanes overnight between 67th and 79th avenues from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (May 13) for temporary barrier-wall installation. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zone.
· Interstate 10 off-ramps (both directions) at 43rd Avenue closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 p.m. Sunday (May 14) for traffic-signal maintenance. 43rd Avenue also closed in both directions between McDowell Road and Van Buren Street (no I-10 access). DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including the I-10 off-ramps at 35th or 51st avenues.
· US 60 (Superstition Freeway) left lanes closed in both directions between Rural Road and Loop 101 (Price Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (May 13) for median wall repairs. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching and traveling through work zone.