Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory (Aug. 22-25):
Loop 101 restricted in Scottsdale area for widening project
Westbound Loop 101 closed near I-17 in north Phoenix
PHOENIX —Improvement work will require closures or lane restrictions along Phoenix-area freeways this weekend (Aug. 22-25), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers are encouraged to allow extra travel time or consider alternate routes while the following restrictions are in place:
- Southbound Loop 101 closed between Via De Ventura and Indian School Road and narrowed to two lanes between Indian School Road and Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 25) for freeway-widening project. Northbound Loop 101 also narrowed to two lanes between Loop 202 and McDonald Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 25). DETOUR: Consider alternate southbound routes, including Hayden Road and State Route 51. Southbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at Via De Ventura will be directed west to southbound Hayden Road and eastbound Indian School Road to re-enter Loop 101.
- Westbound Loop 101 closed between Interstate 17 and 51st Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Sunday (Aug. 24) for traffic-flow equipment installation. North- and southbound I-17 ramps to westbound Loop 101 closed starting at 9 p.m. Friday. Westbound Loop 101 ramps to I-17 will remain open. DETOUR: Westbound Loop 101 traffic can exit at 27th Avenue and use frontage road. Consider alternate I-17 exits to reach westbound Loop 101, including westbound Union Hills Drive to northbound 51st Avenue or westbound Deer Valley Road to southbound 35th Avenue to frontage road.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight between Riggs and Queen Creek roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 23), from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 24) and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 25) for new merge lane construction. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zones.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Estrella Parkway and Citrus Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 24) for signing and lane-striping work near Loop 303 interchange. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at Estrella Parkway and Citrus Road and westbound off-ramp at Sarival Avenue closed. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time. Consider using westbound McDowell Road to southbound Jackrabbit Trail to access westbound I-10.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes between Perryville and Citrus roads from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 11:30 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 23) for freeway construction. DETOUR: Please be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zone.